Thursday, November 21, 2013

Machu Picchu Mistake Number One- Get to the Airport on Time-Caral Lounge Review

As I mentioned earlier, I made a couple of mistakes on our trip to Machu Picchu.  The first was pretty simple.  I didn't make allowances for the nightmare that is Lima traffic when trying to make it to LIM airport for a flight.  We had tickets for the 10:40 flight from LIM-CUZ and left the hotel at about 9:00.  I should have checked in online, as I usually do, but, knowing that we had to check a bag, I didn't.  In the end, we didn't arrive at the line for checking baggage until about 9:55, only to be greeted with "The flight closed for check-in ten minutes ago."  Ugh!

We went down to another line where we were booked into the next available flight to CUZ: 2:30 PM.  Hurrah!  Four lovely hours in LIM.  At least we were able to use my Lounge Club card to get into the Caral Lounge which was pretty sad, but better than nothing.  Bar/drinks/snacks, but very limited seating.



Oddly enough, had I not made the mistake of getting us to the airport late, I might not have discovered my second more important mistake until it was too late.  But that's a story for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment