How does the American Express Card Member Offer for Small Business Saturday work?
- Card Member registers any eligible American Express Card online at www.shopsmall.com. Registration is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (Mountain Standard Time) on 11/24/13 and continues until 11:59 P.M. MST on 11/30/13, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
- Card Member uses the registered Card on 11/30/13 to spend $10 or more in a single in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location that appears on the Small Business Saturday Map. Online transactions do not qualify. The Small Business Saturday Map will be available starting on 11/21/13.
- Card Member will receive a one-time $10 statement credit for that transaction from American Express within 90 days after 11/30/13.
- Registration is limited so encourage your customers to register early before supply runs out.
- Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST on 11/24/13 and continues until 11:59 P.M. MST on 11/30/13, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
- Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than American Express Serve®) are not eligible for this offer.
- Online purchases do NOT qualify for this offer.
- Single transaction requirement means that, to receive the credit, the transaction must equal $10 or more. For example, if the transaction is only for $5, the Card Member will not receive a credit. Multiple transactions of less than $10 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is more than $10.
- If the qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled, the statement credit may be reversed.
- If American Express does not receive information that
identifies a transaction as having occurred at a qualifying small
business location, the transaction will not qualify for the statement
credit. For example, the following transactions will not qualify for the
- Transactions made using an electronic wallet or any other transaction made through a third party; and
- Transactions not made directly with the merchant.