Monday, April 21, 2014

American Express and Skymiles- Gold Amex Statement Credit for Giftcard purchase

Last week I mentioned that targeted offers for Amex Delta Skymiles cards can be found at www.deltaamexcard.com.  After entering my Skymiles # and last name, I was offered the Delta Gold Amex ($95 annual fee/waived first year) with 50,000 Skymiles (for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days) and a $50 statement credit for your first purchase $50+ Delta purchase using the card.  That's substantially better than the best public offer on Delta.com or Americanexpress.com.

I don't have any Delta travel coming up, but I recently read that Delta is now selling electronic giftcards.  On a whim, I decided to check to see if purchasing a Delta e-gift card would trigger the $50 statement credit.  I purchased the e-cert on Friday and today the credit posted!  Now I just have to remember to use the e-cert to pay the taxes and fees on my next Delta award flight.

P.S.:  Based on this experiment, I believe that e-cert purchases would count for the Amex Platinum $200 annual airline credit.
UPDATE:  Thanks to DeltaGoldFlyer's comment, I see that Rene over at DeltaPoints has confirmed that $50 Delta E-gift cards qualify for the Plat. credit!

1 comment:

  1. No need to guess, here is the post about the $200 AMEX Plat credit: http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/2014/04/09/50-delta-e-gift-cards-seems-sweet-spot-credit/

    ReplyDelete