Monday, December 2, 2013

Manufactured Spending- Worrisome Rumblings about the Suntrust Delta Debit Card

Today at the lair, I received an envelope from Suntrust Bank.  One never likes to get unexpected envelopes from banks, you know.  They almost never contain anything good.  At best, its some mind-numbing revision of the Bank's privacy policy or some such.  At worst it's dire news of ominous portent.  Well, that may be the kind of letter I got today.  I'm still trying to figure it out

Suntrust has been very generous with their Delta Debit cards.  The terms provide that the card earns one Skymile per dollar for all purchases, pin and signature based.  That makes for some extremely lucrative miles earning purchases at Wal-Mart, grocery stores, and a few other vendors.  Well, the letter I received today indicates that "the terms and conditions that govern the Delta SkyMiles Consumer and Business Check Card" have changed.  But after a quick skim of the new T&Cs, I don't see any material changes.  I'll compare it to my original T&C tomorrow and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment